Wednesday, April 13, 2011

16 Weeks!

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday! It was by far the shortest appointment I have had yet. They did not do an Ultrasound, but let me listen to the heartbeat and said it sounded good and strong, which we like to hear! They also took some more blood for the second part of the testing for Neural tube defects. We had the option to have the tests done or not, but we decided we would rather know before the baby is born, if we were going to face certain challenges...just a personal preference. So, I will be anxiously awaiting the results, as usual. My doctor is pretty great about calling with results within 48 hours because he knows the mothers-to-be are on pins and needles until they hear something!

Overall, the appointment went great! The nurse said I was "Still too early to measure, and still looking very un-pregnant" But she also said that in the next few weeks there will be quite a change! I am looking forward to actually showing, because I am still at the point where I just feel/look like I ate too much. However, I wasn't able to button a few pairs of my pants over the weekend, so it looks like it may be time to go shopping! :) The nurse also said I should feel the baby move by 20 weeks, maybe a little sooner, but typically women (especially when it's their first) don't realize what they are feeling until a little later. I am really excited and nervous about how that will actually feel, it all seems kind of surreal to me still!

Mark your calendars for May 10! That is officially when we find out if Baby Cotton is a BOY or GIRL!

Let the countdown begin: Only 27 days to go...

1 comment:

  1. I felt Savannah and Crews at 16 weeks - I know that sounds early - it just felt like little bubbles. Such a sweet thing to feel your baby moving. I loved it. I am glad to hear you and baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete