Wednesday, April 20, 2011

17 weeks & BUBBLES!

I am officially 17 wks/1 day pregnant! I was really excited to post this picture because I felt like I was showing A LOT more than it looks in the picture, but apparently it just feels bigger than it really is! At any rate, Baby Cotton weighs about 5 ounces (the size of a turnip) and approximately 5 inches long from head to bottom...growing fast! I am feeling great! I am still in pre-pregnancy clothes, but I am definitely more comfortable in dresses, until I go shopping for some new pants! I have a feeling I am going to ONLY be wearing dresses this summer considering the heat in Atlanta during those months!

17 weeks

So last week after I posted that my Doctor said I may start to feel the baby, but also told me it may be a few weeks just because I wouldn't be sure if it was actually the baby moving or gas (his words, not mine!) My sister-in-law, LeAnne, had said that she felt both of her children at 16 weeks and said that it felt like bubbles. Well, I really wasn't anticipating feeling anything that early...BUT last Friday night, Raine and I were watching a movie and all of a sudden I felt these little bubbles in my stomach. I didn't realize it at first, but then I said "Pause the movie, I think I feel the baby!" And sure enough, it was ever so slight, but just a few bubbles here and there, and then it stopped. And it really did feel just like bubbles! WHAT AN AMAZING FEELING! We were both grinning from ear to ear! Poor Raine wanted to feel it so bad but he'll only have to wait just a few more weeks! It has happened a few times since last Friday, but I can only feel it when I am completely still on the couch at then end of the day.
 
I really can't believe that I have not bought 1 thing for this baby! But after we find out the gender I'm sure Raine will have to put me on a budget! We have been to Buy Buy Baby quite a few times over the past few weeks just to get a preliminary look at all the baby goodies! If you haven't heard of Buy Buy Baby, it is Bed Bath and Beyond's version of Babies R' Us and it is WONDERFUL! I really think that is it 10x better than Babies R' Us. The store is set-up just like Bed Bath and Beyond, floor to ceiling items, the employees are SO helpful and nice, and the BEST part is that you can use your 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupons at Buy Buy Baby! The unfortunate part is that they are only a few cities right now but they are growing fast, and there is always online shopping (buybuybaby.com)! We have been looking at cribs and I seem to lean more toward the sleigh style crib in dark wood. I am not set on anything quite yet, but these are a few I like...


I like this one in the Cherry wood

While at Buy Buy Baby, we also got a stroller tutorial, which was very overwhelming! I knew there were a lot of strollers out there but WOW, there are entirely to many options. It is seriously like buying a new car! Once again, we aren't set on anything but many of my "mommy" friends have suggested the BOB Revolution, and we really like it, but who knows what we will end up with, we have a little time!



 Well, that's all I have for now! I hope you all have a Happy Easter! xo

1 comment:

  1. Love it, but I still can't believe you are not showing that much! :)

    ReplyDelete